This page sets out:
- How we collect your personal information
- What we use if for
- What happens when you ask a friend to be your buddy
- Your rights
when using either our site or app.
Privacy is very important to us, and, of course, to you. We recommend that you read this page carefully (and our
How We Collect Your Personal Information & What We Use It For
|Types of Personal Information
|Information You Submit
- When you use the app or site.
- When you complete user account creation forms or other forms collecting information on our site or app.
- When you contact us.
- Details of your visits to the site or use of the app.
- When you click on an email or message or other communication from us.
- Through the app store when you make a purchase or download the app.
- Your name, email address.
- A record of the email you sent us.
- Links you click on.
- Advertisements you click on.
- When you use the app or site with your user account.
- When you create or upload content.
- The time and location for your session.
- Notes relating to your session.
- Information you create or add.
- Tags, comments, posts.
- Photos and videos, including where, when and the time and date the content was taken.
- When you use a device (computer, tablet or phone) to access the site or use the app.
- Device type, operating system, browser type.
- Mobile network information, telephone number.
- Your device's unique identifiers.
- You device's IP address.
- When you use the app or site.
- Your current location.
- Where you were using the app.
|Log Information & Unique Application Numbers
- When you use the app or site.
- On install or uninstall of the app.
- IP addresses, ISP or mobile network details.
- Date and time stamps.
- The pages you visited or features you used.
- Browser type, language, click stream data.
- Statistical data.
- When your app talks to our systems to tell us about your installation.
What Might We Use The Information For?
- To provide you with the functions and features of the site and app.
- To ensure the site or app works with your device and is operating as best as it can.
- To allow you to participate and use the site or app.
- To contact you to remind you to use the app or when your credits for services are running low or when there is a new version of the app.
- To send you push notifications.
- To verify your mobile number or personal information.
- To display activity on a global map of user sessions.
- To report aggregate information to advertisers or third parties.
- To associate Information You Submit and Device Information to help us better understand your use of the site and app.
- To provide location aspects of the services through the app.
- To understand how you arrived at the site or the app.
- To provide you with information (on the site, app, products or services).
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We may permit third parties to use your data for these purposes and they may contact you directly.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your needs.
- To match with the data we get from our affiliates or advertising partners.
- To Notify you about changes.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or us.
What Happens When You Refer A Friend To Be Your Buddy
In order to successfully verify a buddy, we must have successfully sent the buddy an SMS directly from our servers.
First, you send us your buddy's full name, mobile number and country of residence. Then we will contact the buddy, telling them who we are and why we are contacting them, inviting them to confirm they are happy to be your buddy and if they want to, join the app.
When we contact your buddy, we always advise them of the name and [email address] of the user who has asked them to be a buddy. Your buddy will need to confirm they are happy to be your buddy before they can be used as a buddy within the app.
We won't use your buddy's data for any other purpose without their consent.
Your Personal Information, Location Information and Marketing
If you do not want us to use your personal information in the way set out above:
- For Marketing Purposes: remember to tick the relevant box or option when you create a user account to say that you don't want your personal information used for marketing purposes;
- For Location Information: do not turn on, or if you have, turn off the location services;
For changing your preferences in relation to Marketing and/or Location Information or if you wish us to stop processing your personal information, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your previous agreement. Please note that we will need to process your personal information for you to use the features of the app. If you withdraw your agreement, you may no longer use the app. You can also ask us to correct, view or update the personal information you provide to us.
Where Your Information Is Stored
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and/or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Disclosure of Your Information
Remember that when you purchase or use the app, you may be transferring your personal data to:
- the app store;
- your mobile network provider; and/or
- any payment processing provider.
In general, we do not share your personal information with third-party marketers, unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent. We may share aggregated information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who are part of our group of companies.
- to protect our users;
- when required to comply with any legal obligation;
- to enforce our terms;
- if the brand or business is sold to another company; and
- with third-party service suppliers.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your data. We will do our best, but you accept that the sending of data over telecommunication systems is not completely secure.
You can access the personal information we hold about you by writing to us. We may charge you a fee of £10 to cover our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Other Sites (That Aren't Ours)
Other sites or app stores will have their own privacy policies and may collect and use your personal information in different way. We recommend that you read these sites terms also as we have nothing to do with them.
Tokn Ltd is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. Tokn Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and the notification number is ZA006428. You can contact us here.